Monday, April 24, 2006

We had a little party on Saturday night in Aukland,but I'll spare you the debauched details, except to say that the swimming pool was very very warm. So no writing yesterday, not even journal entries, though I watched some good movies and TV (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Crash and four episodes of Kath and Kim). Plus I read a goodly chunk of Berbinger’s Window’s on the World, a novel about 9/11. God, burning to death, must be the worst. The images of the jumpers continue to swarm in my mind. They still don’t know how many jumpers there were and the media have never shown images of the horror of it. The collapse of the towers obliterated the evidence.

I bought a fucking fierce pair of snakeskin boots, for $800. Ok, New Zealand $, but still. I think it’s compensation for the fact that I’ve pulled my back out at the gym, a way to counter the fact that age advanceth. I also spent a buckletload of dosh on other clothes. A way of compensating myself for the fact that I can’t write worth shit.

The time has come to make headway on revising my short stories. I am debating whether to register for the four-week genre and myth short story course. Only $100, but I have to write a little short-story each week. That shouldn’t be too hard. I’m going to tell Roland I’ll do it. Sounds fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters
Free Hit Counters